Re: [OM] Finally, some darkroom time (couple of OM B&W prints)

Subject: Re: [OM] Finally, some darkroom time (couple of OM B&W prints)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 18:21:05 +0200
John, again I want to thank you in front of the list for arranging to
get this huge lens safely to me. I was biting my nails every day too,
but
have never lost anything yet, and didn't expect to start then :-)

I still get such a thrill hooking that 4kg (but oddly compact) monster
up to an OM body. With the 3Ti's viewfinder, there is *nothing* you
cannot
focus on that you can see with the naked eye.

I recently did a comparison, and the OM-3Ti viewfinder is brighter
than a Leica M3's - you can actually focus on objects in lower light
than
what you can with a rangefinder.

Of course, when there *is* enough light for a rangefinder, it is still
more
accurate with standard-to-wide lenses, but otherwise, I was surprised
that
the best rangefinder VF there is (Leica M3, and I tried a number of
good copies,
so it's not a bad sample) is definitely inferiour.

It's such a pity the 3Ti is not as buttery smooth as the rangefinder
though :-)
There is definitely place in the world for both.

Anyway, thanks for everything, John. When I *do* get to send my 3Ti
your way, the
90 Macro will definitely come with so you can clear the (visible) crud
from the
internal elements. Although I can't imagine the clarity of the images
it will then
produce!

D.