Re: [OM] What to buy for architectural photography at a budget?

Subject: Re: [OM] What to buy for architectural photography at a budget?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 08:35:04 -0400
Yes, the Pentax K-r does have live view and a 3" screen with much higher
resolution than the E-620 but the screen doesn't tilt or swivel.  It's
too new to have a complete review done yet but an overview of function
is here:
<http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/KR/KRA.HTM>

One thing I don't like about it is only a single control dial in manual
mode but but you don't get dual control dials with any camera until you
get to the $900-1000 range for body alone.

I think the E-620's big advantage is the fully articulated screen when
combined with the live view.  When doing indoor shots in US houses where
the standard ceiling height is 8 feet, avoiding perspective distortion
requires placing the camera at 4 feet high.  That leaves the
photographer kind of bent over to peer through the viewfinder.

Chuck Norcutt