Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 10/10/2010: after the rain

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 10/10/2010: after the rain
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:09:45 -0500
When I was sorking for the airplane factory, I got some good RH seat time in
both the 500 and 550 prototypes, the latter was outfited with a spray system
for icing tests. As we often flew light, with no interior and only suitable
fuel, those planes could do right well for a straight wing aircraft. My
biggest regret was never being able to con a flight in the 500 prototype
when it had one original engine and one of the proposed engines for the
model 600. I'm sure there was some asymetrical power situations there, but
the dam engine was almost as big around as the cabin. It must have been
almost as much a rocket ship as the A-37, which I also didn't get a flight
in.

Bill Pearce