Re: [OM] Whatever happened to Topcon

Subject: Re: [OM] Whatever happened to Topcon
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:59:46 -0400
  Right you are Chuck. About ten years ago a friend of mine gave me a few
old cameras that he had purchased new in Japan when he was stationed there
in the Navy. They were a Topcon Uni with a 53mm/f2 lens and a Petri
Rangefinder (which if memory serves me correctly I sent to you Chuck). The
Topcon was in very good cosmetic condition but the leaf shutter and reflex
mirror would jam whenever the shutter was released. I did manage to find
online a guy who claimed to be the last working factory trained Topcon
camera repairman. It was well made and a real tank of a camera but I just
didn't need another SLR. I gave it away too but kept the lens to use as a
loupe.

  Seen here:
http://www.ken.lyndrup.dk/Engelsk/Tokyo%20Kogaku%20E/Topcon%20Uni.htm

Charlie