Re: [OM] Card(s) download Q --Paging Dr. C.F. Card

Subject: Re: [OM] Card(s) download Q --Paging Dr. C.F. Card
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 02:32:09 -0700
  On 10/3/2010 6:10 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I just tried to used the Canyon download software and gave up.  It apparently
> wants the camera connected via USB cable.  No other option. Boo on Canyon.

You are quite wrong. I've been using ZoomBrowser for many years, and never, to
the best of my recollection, connected to
the cameras involved for a download.

Click on top button/box on left, "Acquire & Camera Settings." then click on
button/box "Acquire Images from Memory Card"

> Also boo on Canyon for a really crappy interface.

Can't really speak to that. I've been using it so long it makes perfect sense
to me.

> But I see the downloader does have an option to download all or download
> those not downloaded yet.

There is also an option to select individual images for download. I've
downloaded something around 15,000 images from
memory cards in readers with this app, so I'm pretty sure it works. :-)

If you opt to download image files already in the destination, it downloads an
additional copy, with an added numeral at
the end of the name, rather than ignore the download or write over the previous
copy.

> Why not do a simple test with a few files A, B, C and D.  Download A and B to
> computer #1.  Go to computer #2 and select download those not downloaded yet.
>  See what happens.

I just tried something like that. I took a card that I had downloaded to
portable computer in Maine. I've since copied
the files to the desktop using Syncback. I created a new directory on a
different disk on the desktop and tried
downloading the images in subdirectories by date. It said all images had
already been downloaded, would I like to
download them again.

I don't see any index files on the card, so I'm not sure how they keep track,
but it certainly seems to work, as that
card hadn't been connected to the desktop since being formatted.

Moose