Re: [OM] OM trip report - The Sunshine State -

Subject: Re: [OM] OM trip report - The Sunshine State -
From: "Walters, Martin" <Martin.Walters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:01:03 -0400
Chris:
Flickr - yes, I know, I know! Universally disliked (or at least by many
on the list), but for the little I put up there, not sure going
elsewhere is worth the effort.

San Francisco was quite cool, but not really bad enough to justify the
comment (attributed to Mark Twain):"The coldest winter I ever saw was
the summer I spent in San Francisco". San Diego was warmer, but not
excessive. Even the interior was  only around 100 or so, the week we
were there.

The biggest shock (all the way down to San Diego, was how cold the water
was. Pretty much everyone surfing was using wet suits.  Now, the water
was much warmer that UK beaches, I'm sure, but I must be spoiled with
the Caribbean, I suppose.

There are a couple of military fields at San Diego. Saw a couple of F18s
in the distance flying out of Miramar, and a number of training runs
(touch and goes, it seemed, by Trackers and the like) into the Coronado
base.

Martin