[OM] OM trip report - The Sunshine State -

Subject: [OM] OM trip report - The Sunshine State -
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:42:14 -0400
At the end of August, my wife and I spent two weeks in California.
Started and finished in San Francisco, with travel along the coast
(Highway 1), around LA to San Diego, and then quick stops at Sequoia and
Yosemite National Parks.

Lots to see and not enough time, as it turned out. Weather was pretty
good, except at times in San Francisco and parts of the coast. Still,
not as hot as we expected.

Some photos can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14675507@N08/collections/72157625041492938/

Photos are low-res scans from a lab here - half the pixels that I was
getting from Costco. Unfortunately, Costco (especially) and WalMart no
longer do films. I've played a little with some, but should really
rescan on the Coolscan.

Film is Portra, mostly 400NC, with a couple of 400VC.

Only saw one really interesting Camera store - Dexters in Ventura. Lots
and lots of old cameras, not for sale apparently, and the biggest stock
of Portra I've seen in a long while (including sheet film).

Martin