Re: [OM] shutter release delays

Subject: Re: [OM] shutter release delays
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 10:46:56 -0400
Since I've looked it up before I'm pretty sure the E thingies offer a
means of assigning the focus button to other than the half press of the
shutter button.  Set the camera up that way and you'll be able to
pre-focus. You'll not only reduce delay but avoid having the camera
accidentally focus on something unintended in your composition.  I'm
afraid I have to confess ignorance about how this works if LV is enabled.

I leave you to look this all up in the E-3 manual.  I have all the E
thingie manuals in PDF form on my computer but looking through Olympus
manuals to find something is one my most unfavorite tasks. :-)

Once you do this you will (as did I initially with my 5D) sometimes
forget to focus but you'll get over that quickly and not likely go back.

Chuck Norcutt