Re: [OM] Oly confirms it

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly confirms it
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:04:55 -0400
 From the Google Spanish translation of Moose's link.  Bracketed entries
from yours truly.

re the 4/3 lens line, no new development means:

"The famous 100 mm macro has fallen off the roadmap..."

and following some commentary that Olympus is 3 years ahead in "no
mirror cameras":

"But it is also very important that the status quo is [a] broken SLR
market.  There are two brands that for years have been allocated 80% of
the global market. We'll see over time.  In Japan, no mirror cameras are
already 40% [of the market] and the two companies leading the SLR
segment [are] simply not involved in this new situation."

Chuck Norcutt