Re: [OM] GH2 specs

Subject: Re: [OM] GH2 specs
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 10:55:54 -0500
I have a GH1, and while I agree that the GH2 specs are very nice indeed, I
think the biggest improvement that could be made is to their jpeg output.
 Panasonic colors are horrid.  My E-410 was much better in this regard, and
sometimes I miss it terribly.  I've actually been thinking of picking up
another since they are so cheap, but I shoot so much film these days it
doesn't really make sense for me to have two digital cameras.
So I've been contemplating a trade--I think I could probably trade the GH1
for an EP-2 straight up.  Because of the excellent video capability and the
new hacks that have come out for it, the GH1 has held its value surprisingly
well, and my copy is in pretty nice condition.  But Oly's jpegs are just so
much nicer, and I hate having to shoot RAW and then do post, if I'm going to
go to that much trouble I'd just rather shoot film and scan it.