Re: [OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor

Subject: Re: [OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor
From: David Irisarri <zuiko3000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:51:24 -0400
Dear Ken,

I fully agree with you. I remember reading this news
http://www.43rumors.com/olympus-digital-camera-sales-down-by-18/ and I think
they have realized they cannot manufacture professional bodies as they
aren´t profitable at all. Fourthirds sensor needs a very advanced technology
to get the same results of an APS-C sensor and full-frame sensor. It seems
to be OK for amateur users and that´s why FF will disappear. I still can
remember when E-1 was launched. I was so excited with the FT concept. I
really enjoyed with E-1 too much. Olympus is a great company, it has really
smart engineers but no one is able to manufacture sensors for them at a
reasonable price.

I am also really disappointed. I feel really bad with all this. I have being
using my E-1 since 2003. One month ago I bought an E-P1, it´s a nice camera
but I have quickly realized that dynamic range is under KODAK KAF-5101
sensor. This is the main drawback of FT.

Dave