[OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor

Subject: [OM] E-5 vs GH2 sensor
From: David Irisarri <zuiko3000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:18:25 -0400
Hi all,

I am very curious of why Olympus decided to use an old 12.3 MP sensor in
their flagship camera. Using their PRO fine-tuned TruePIC engine has
increased just only 1/2 stop vs E-30. Today I have read Panasonic with their
new forthcoming GH2 camera 18 MP sensor has increased dynamic range by 1
stop. Olympus has deleted all the ISO E3/E5 comparation around the WWW and
they even deleted E-5 video created by DSRL Magazine in Spain! E-5 quality
was worse than E-3! Wow, I think they aren´t too convinced with the camera.

http://www.43rumors.com/ft4-more-small-panasonic-gh2-details/

If it´s true Panasonic has managed to increase their new sensor by 1 stop!
and outputting 18 MP, E-5 will be dead before being launched to the market!

I wonder how is the relationship between Panasonic and Olympus. Why Olympus
didn´t use a Kodak sensor with broader dynamic range? I wouldn´t mind having
seen an E-5 with 10 MP, 15 stops DR and a new color engine. If Olympus
releases a new PEN with the new Panasonic sensor, quality will be much
better than E-5! Can you believe it?

Obviously something is going on inside Olympus headquarters. They aren´t
interested in FF anymore. They only sell slow MFT lenses. Tons of chromatic
aberration in their lenses. They created a ZD 14-54 KM-II for nothing.
Meanwhile have a look to Panasonic MFT lenses.

David