Re: [OM] [OT] Help with minimal home automation

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Help with minimal home automation
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 14:34:53 -0700
It appears that you go through the host at http://smartlinc.smarthome.com to
connect to your controller. If your internet connection (cable,DSL)
dynamically assigns IP addresses, the controller would have to constantly
send pings* to the host so that it would know the correct IP address. I
don't know where the money comes from to keep the host at smarthome.com
running.

It looks interesting but it seems like an actual user would have to provide
answers to questions to make a choice without surprises.

Jeff Keller

There is remote PC control software "LogMeIn.com" which does this. They have
a very good product by the way.