Re: [OM] ( OM ) Question for Dr Flash ?

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Question for Dr Flash ?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 14:19:05 -0500
I'm not Dr. Flash, nor do I play him on television...

If you are using the OM system, you might be in good shape if you use
color print film and also dial back the exposure compensation to -1.
All depends on the percentage of the image area that is made up of the
subject. If the subject occupies at least 25% of the image area it
should be pretty close to accurate. Your professional 160 speed print
films can stand to be leaned into a bit with flash exposure anyway
(except the new Portras)

Otherwise, you have two options:

1. Trial and error using a digital camera and manual flash control.
2. Use a flash meter and manual flash control to determine aperture setting.

Nurse AG Hatchet