Re: [OM] ( OM ) Question for Dr Flash ?

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Question for Dr Flash ?
From: "|-o-|" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:03:16 +1000 (EST)
Hi Chuck,

> Yes, with respect to the GN of the T28 Macro flash I accept that the
> guide number is accurate for its intended usage on macro subjects... at
> least within a tightly controlled range.  In fact, I suspect (but don't
> know) that the flash electronics are basically from the T32 and that the
> reduced guide number (28 vs 32) is the result of operating on macro
> subjects without walls and ceilings to reflect back on the subject as
> would typically be the case with the T32.

No need to suspect, the T Control unit is a T32 Flash with the head
swapped for a socket, or you could say that the other way around.

Shared parts are cheaper.

I have in the past fixed a T Control unit buy removing the broken
flash head from a T32 and putting the socket head in.

The 28 comes from having a smaller head, lower emission tube,
and so it also doesnt strain the charging circuit, and remember
it has two smaller heads.

And there is something else at the edge of my memory I cant
quite remember about it.

Cheers
Ian Manners
1.  Take dreams seriously 2. Take little steps 3. Don't say 'can't' 4. Make
your own rules 5. Learn from mistakes