[OM] ( OM ) Photographing nature - my challenge

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Photographing nature - my challenge
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:25:34 +1200
Hi all,

Here are a couple of the best shots from the 11-year old book that I want to
supersede. Taken on Fuji print film with a Minolta and probably in these
cases using a Sigma macro.  I copied these from one of the two books
using the E-3 and a Zuiko 50/3.5 macro. About 180 kb each. My copying
them probably has not done the printed images justice.

http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/P8271786-nigra.JPG

http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/P8271787-koreana.JPG

I think I will be severely tested to match the depth of field in these macro
shots, and illumination will be a problem - as it often is.

These are two of the very best; there are many others I expect to have no
great difficulty in matching, one way or another. When this book was written,
digital manipulation (for correction of errors etc) was not available to most
people, if at all. Now, of course, it is, which should give me an advantage.

Some shots, commissioned by the publisher, clearly were taken using
medium format or larger.

Brian Swale.