Re: [OM] ( OM ) Photographing nature - my challenge

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Photographing nature - my challenge
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 08:25:34 -0400
You don't give us any indication of the scale of these photos and thus
the DoF challenge.  However, assuming a 35mm Minolta or even larger
format was used on the originals, your E-3 and 50mm macro should have no
problem matching or exceeding the DoF seen here.  In fact, if you want
to engage in digital image stacking you can far exceed the DoF of the
originals.

Current PhotoShop allows for image stacking (but I only have PS3 so
haven't tried it).  But there is also a very capable free utility called
  CombineZP.  Not the easiest thing to use but can do the job.  Just
finding the package is a bit difficult so I'll save you that task
<http://www.hadleyweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CZP/files.htm>
Download the CombineZP.msi installation package.  But be aware that the
package is a bit larger than 10 MB.  You may have difficulties with your
slow link.  In the link above are all of the individual files that make
up the installation package.  You may be able to download them
individually but I have no idea how to put them all back together.
Allen Hadley (the author) I'm sure will advise you if asked.

You should also join the Yahoo group for tips and assistance.

Chuck Norcutt