[OM] Lens won't focus anymore, does anyone know a solution?

Subject: [OM] Lens won't focus anymore, does anyone know a solution?
From: Olaf Greve <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:12:39 +0200
Hi guys,

It must have been ages ago that I last asked something that was not
TOPE related, but I have precisely such a question right now. :O

Just the other day I wanted to take some pictures with my E-500 and
the standard kit lens it came with (I think, from memory, that thats'
a 14-45 F3.5-4.5 or so, or is it 14-54 F3.5-4.5?!?) and to my
unpleasant surprise I found the lens won't focus anymore. There's a
tiny response from the lens when I press the shutter button halfway,
but that's it. One doesn't hear the "focus acquired beep" and the lens
won't focus manually either. When I put the other kit lens on the
body, everything works flawlessly.

Upon visual inspection I don't see anything wrong with the lens, but
living with three gremlins at home, chances are good that it has taken
a fall that "no one caused"...

Does this problem sound like a familiar issue that can be resolved by
myself, or does it sound like a total loss, and requiring me to look
for a new lens?

Cheers,
Olafo

PS: regarding TOPE: I'll get back about that one soon....:P