Re: [OM] Entering Competitions. Why?

Subject: Re: [OM] Entering Competitions. Why?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 08:06:58 EDT

In a message dated 8/8/2010 6:41:51 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Fully  agree with getting exhibited. Just had two photos on display in
central  Brussels as part of our club exhibition:
_http://www.viewfinders.be/nothere/expo.php_
(http://www.viewfinders.be/nothere/expo.php)

Jez, this is an interesting exhibition and congratulations on your
participation.

My original post was intended as an encouragement to those on this list who
 have been releasing their shutters and for whatever reasons, not releasing
their  images to the universe.  Many, I say, have their light covered by a
basket.  For some, what holds them back is fear.  That can be  said more
generally about life for many, if not most, of us.  There  are many benefits
to going public with your work and I will continue to  encourage folks to
"just do it."

As photographers, our images are our voice.

Speak up!

Bill Barber