Re: [OM] 612 film back advice is needed.

Subject: Re: [OM] 612 film back advice is needed.
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:30:21 -0700
Yes, it also looks to me that the images he posted had the problem
"centered" on two adjacent images. He said it was a recurring problem but if
it ALWAYS shows up on adjacent frames, it would seem someone is much more
consistent in what they are doing than I would expect.

The film back has a darkslide which must be pulled out to expose the film.
Typically the Chinese made backs use a knob to advance the film until the
next exposure number printed on the back of the film appears in a small red
window on the film back. If the dark slide were pulled out when the film was
half advanced it would be possible to partially expose two adjacent frames.

He said that he had color shifts constantly (but maybe not in the same
locations). It's hard to imagine any kind of strictly operator error that
would cause it. If his equipment was faulty, maybe his standard procedure
causes the problem to recur.

Jeff