Re: [OM] Doing the Splits

Subject: Re: [OM] Doing the Splits
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:01:30 -0700
  On 8/19/2010 2:36 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I think he just thinks he can.  The last two markings for focus on the 24/2.8
> are 3 meters and infinity.  They are separated on the ring by about 2mm.  If
> he can feel the ring move he already passed the difference between 5 and 6
> meters.

I'm objecting again. The original requirement was to differentiate focus
between 5 and 6 meters with a 24mm lens using
enlarged (10x, 14x?) Live View on a 4/3 camera. The equivalent exercise for
OM/FF, that is, with roughly the same
subject area , at the same apparent size relative to image area, in
viewfinder/LCD, and eventually on film/sensor, is
with a ~50mm lens.

How this got into trying to do it with a 24mm lens on an OM, I don't know, but
that is a much more stringent test - and
I don't see the point. (Well, I wouldn't be able to see it, would I, what with
it being half the size.)

Pointedly Objectionable Moose