Re: [OM] OT - American railways

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - American railways
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 14:13:21 -0500
Trucking companies will argue that they pay in the form of fuel taxes, but
those don't begin to cover the costs of highways, as our failing interstate
system shows. A stuey by the state of Kansas, made but ignored, showed that
a million dollars spent on upgrading rail lines would have more positive
effect than ten million spent on roads. But, the railroads make it difficult
for whippers of other than bulk commodities to use their services, so...

Bill Pearce