Re: [OM] IMG: Higher Resolution Cleome Image

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Higher Resolution Cleome Image
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 20:54:36 -0400
My point is entirely about sharp resolution of fine image detail.
Contrast and color have nothing to do with it except that it's hard to
look beyond those things to evaluate the overall image.

Screen and printer calibration is hard to do.  I've essentially given up
trying to make nice prints at home.  I send them off to be printed by
professional print processors.  It costs less than ink and paper and
gives better results (for me).  I do sometimes still make small prints
at home but I don't try to match screen and printer.  I first start with
a calibrated monitor.  Then I print using only the papers and inks
specified by the printer manufacturer.  If I start with a calibrated
monitor and and use the manufacturer's expensive inks and papers I'll
get good color.  The price is more than acceptable in small quantities. :-)

ps:  Your Photo 800 was a well reviewed printer.  It should produce very
good results when using Epson paper and the printer (not PhotoShop) is
allowed to do the color control after being told the paper type.

Chuck Norcutt