Re: [OM] for the resident grammarians/English-defenders, etc

Subject: Re: [OM] for the resident grammarians/English-defenders, etc
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 06:38:06 -0400
But it does pay to follow the Snopes link at the bottom which does a bit
of follow-up on these anonymous charges
<http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/congress.asp>

Likewise, I did a follow-up on JH's comment recently that Sharon Angel
(Republican candidate for senator from Nevada) "One candidate in Nevada
wants to: bring back prohibition nationwide,  and run the country under
biblical law."

I happen to think that Sharon Angel is the worst possible candidate that
the Nevada Republican party could have chosen to go up against Harry
Reid (who probably would lose otherwise).  However,  I think JH's
comment is unsubstantiated liberal drivel.  The closest thing one can
find to support for that statement is a one sentence comment she made in
an interview in 2005 to the effect that she is opposed to the
legalization of harmful substances such as marijauna and alcohol.
That's a far, far cry from a claim that she intends to bring back
prohibition nationwide.  Trying to bring back prohibition even in Clark
County (Las Vegas) would be impossible.  But not to worry.  I'm sure she
will be defeated and deservedly so (even though I ain't no liberal).

Chuck Norcutt