Re: [OM] ET borrowed my cellphone when calling home

Subject: Re: [OM] ET borrowed my cellphone when calling home
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:24:31 -0400
Not exactly.  Java is a programming language and a fairly low level one
at that.  Its native code is compiled into object code for the platform
its running on.  Air does somewhat the same thing except that it
operates at a higher functional level and it can also incorporate HTML
and other Adobe development tools.  Parts of an Air application could,
for example, be built using Flash but it doesn't need to be.  The thing
that you have to download is the Air runtime modules.  These are
different between Windows and Mac and take care of the cross-platform
translation.

Chuck Norcutt