Re: [OM] OT - Flatbed scanner advice

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Flatbed scanner advice
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 17:54:58 -0500
I give no credence whatsoever to inclusion of Silverfast in the box.
Epson included Silverfast with the V700.  Its interface is the most
non-intuitive piece of software I can remember trying to use in many, many
years.  I've discarded it after only a brief trial.  Epson scan is easy to
use for simple stuff or well exposed images.  VueScan is available for the
tougher stuff

Wow.I find this interesting. I got Silverfast with an Epson flatbed, and
liked it a lot. If the version for my Minolta MF scanner weren't '4450, I'd
have it for that. I tried Viewscan in the free trial version, and found it
to be the most confounding piece of unfriendly piece of software crap I've
ever seen, and use the included Minolta sw instead.  Epson is inded easy to
use and generally effective, but I don't use the Epson for much anymore,
once I realized that using a flatbed for film is a fool's errand.

Bill Pearce