Re: [OM] My last film shots

Subject: Re: [OM] My last film shots
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 12:02:18 -0500
> A tasty analogy, but, alas, not so true in actuality. A full-frame
> sensor, a copy of CS3+, and we don't need no stinkin' film. <g>

Well, an argument could be made that we don't need no stinkin' steaks,
either. <g>

Bob, I don't dispute your claim. You really can do just about anything
with a camera such as your D3. And a decent editor allows you to fake
it to accomplish whatever film does better.

There are a handful of us that shoot film because we want to shoot
film, warts and all. I know, I know, we just don't get it, but it's an
unfortunate disease, us buggy-whip lovers.

Your own work proves that digital really is up to the task and you've
managed quite well with it. But can I tell you a little secret?  Your
film work ain't shabby either.

AG