[OM] My last film shots

Subject: [OM] My last film shots
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:14:37 +1000 (EST)
I used my last two rolls of Fujicolor Superia Reala 100 to take photos
of my home of the last 11 years as yesterday my wife and I signed
that little bit of paper putting it on the market before we head off
to the other side of Australia as I'm pulled out of retirement.

Later today I'll pack up the OM4Ti after taking the batterys out
,leaving it unwound, in a plastic airtight bag with some desiccant.
It will then be packed in foam and placed in the plastic containers
with the other OM bodies.

Sometime in the future I'll unpack it and put it on a shelf were I
can occasionally take it down, feel it, touch it, and marvel at
the engineering that went into it.... Along with all the other OM
bodys and bits and pieces I seem to have picked up over the
past 11 years :-)

>From here on in its all digital though occasionally with OM Zuikos
attached. There is a sadness in the change to digital, the feeling
that something wonderful and creative (at the front end) is coming
to an end.

My big job next year will be to master the art of scanning negs
and populating a revised website. When I look back I really
wish I had gone with positive film now, oh well, such is hindsight.

At least with more digital shots I'll be more likely to post stuff
to the list for feedback/whatever.

Cheers
Ian Manners
It could be worse... (BOOOM) It's worse.