Re: [OM] Seeking Hard Drive Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Seeking Hard Drive Advice
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 13:05:06 +0800
I once had six Philips compact flurencent lamp installed in a lighting
fixture of our living room, they claimed three years working life but three
of them die in half a year. They were cheap so I wasn't expected too much
but half a year is definately too short. Ok, it is only part of the story,
there were two types (differed only in color temp) of lamp installed, the
three failed are all daylight type. It means there were some quality problem
on the components on this specific batch.

I once got two compact flurencent lamps from our sister factory during a
factory visit, they lasted for over two years (may be much more, don't have
exact record). You may ask why I didn't purchase our lamp but they were just
not widely availble in the street here, it is now easier to get but still
not in the supermarkets. Our company was mainly concentrated on site
installation such as new buildings and fixture manufacturers, since they
didn't want to invest too much on ad (at least here in Hong Kong) but they
are start promoting the LED lamps. Philips has the advantage of having lots
of other electrical appliance so the company profile is higher and hence
easier to sell on street.

Ok, the two biggest lighting companies in the world are Philips and Osram,
so you know which I worked for :-)

C.H.Ling