Re: [OM] IMG: Art

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Art
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 08:46:40 -0400
Yes, there are two different versioning notations.  The old notation
just used a number.  Your version 7 is the last version with this
notation (although there was a version 7.0.1 which allowed the new ACR
as a plugin).  Newer versions are from the "Creative Suite" series of
products (which encompasses more than PhotoShop) and their version
numbers are prefaced with "CS".  The first CS version was simply called
CS and later versions add the numeric suffix.  My version 3 should be
referred to as CS3.  Starting with "CS" Adobe Camera Raw became part of
the product but the included ACR carries its own version number.

For the history of PS and its releases see
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop_release_history>

I have a copy of Fast Stone and I have given it to my kids.  Fast Stone
is a nice app (especially since it's free) but its editing capability is
extremely limited.

Chuck Norcutt