Re: [OM] odd CF card (or E3) behaviour

Subject: Re: [OM] odd CF card (or E3) behaviour
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 16:43:33 -0400
On the surface at least it sounds like the preview/finder application is
corrupt.  Can it be reinstalled?  There are two more possibilities I can
think of.  Since you're using a Mac (which has more integrated code than
typically found on a PC) there could be a common subroutine used by the
preview/finder that is used by other applications.  If that's true and
that's where the problem is it may show up on other Mac image
applications.  The second possibility is that your computer has a
physical memory corruption problem that only shows up at certain
addresses.  That means that whether preview/finder shows the problem or
not depends on where in memory it's loaded or where its image memory is
allocated.  Try loading more stuff ahead of your image apps in order to
cause memory allocations to change.  Does the behavior of preview/finder
change?

Chuck Norcutt