Re: [OM] An interesting addition to my kit . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] An interesting addition to my kit . . .
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 21:58:21 -0700
On 6/17/2010 12:45 PM, Paul Laughlin wrote:
> On 6/17/2010 11:17 AM, Willie Wonka wrote:
>
>> Cold...in Texas...right...:)
>>

> I can testify to the fact that it does get cold in Texas. One wants to
> remember that there is nothing between Texas and the North Pole but a barbed
> wire fence, and half of it is down.  When a Texas "Blue Norther" hits, it is
> somethin else.

Oh yeah! Thought I might freeze in Dallas one winter. I'd just come from
DC, where schools and freeways were closed, then Little Rock, where I
had fun on black ice, but Dallas was colder. Wool suit, wool overcoat,
and the wind just cut through it. There was some builders' convention in
town so the room the office got me turned out to be a small conference
room in a one story hotel with arms that spread out through open space.
The bed was a single pull out mostly used as part of a seating thingie.
That would all have been fine, except it had the same size HVAC unit as
the regular rooms and a wall of windows.

I finally got warm enough to sleep with all the bedclothes off both twin
beds on me and my overcoat on top of that.

Not really cold by true north standards, but damn uncomfortable without
down jacket, etc. that I didn't have with me. That was the last straw
for my body; I finished up my business with a bad cold and skipped Salt
Lake in favor of home and bed.

Brrrrrr Moose