Re: [OM] New Gallery, Website

Subject: Re: [OM] New Gallery, Website
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 06:20:23 -0400
Thanx, Marc! And Chris! The Cuckolds Light picture is just one of
those things that happens from time to time. It all comes together and
there it is. White on White II I spent most of this past winter trying
to acquire. The original is a vertical, taken with the old E-1. This
one is horizontal with the Nykon D3. I much prefer the Nykon version,
not only because of greater resolution, but also because it just
seemed to capture the essence better. Or maybe that was just me in the
intervening couple of years.

I like what you said about the "Wow!" gland. Plan to use that when
talking about pictures to potential customers. When you're dealing
with images such as the ones I've got on the gallery wall, you have to
appeal to the Wow! gland, or nothing will sell. <g> It's a matter of
the right person seeing the right image at the right time.

As for Orange, that's one were Weston's 500-foot rule got a little
dicey. The rocks were probably no more than 500 feet from my car, but
it was 500 feet more or less in a steep downward direction. I did some
serious scrambling to get there. I did think about old Edward as I was
holding onto roots and rocks during the descent and ascent.

--Bob Whitmire
Putting the ART back in HeART
www.bobwhitmire.com