Re: [OM] B&W filters on digital [was Non Bokeh 50mm F1.4 pictures]

Subject: Re: [OM] B&W filters on digital [was Non Bokeh 50mm F1.4 pictures]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 15:56:59 -0400
The first thing that gets my attention in the red filter is that there
are values of more than 100% while the B/W filter's values are all less
than 100%.  In particular, in the red filter the red and magenta are at
120% and the yellow at 110%.  Does this mean that any red pixel is
multiplied by 1.2?  I don't know exactly what it means but if it does
mean multiply pixel values by 1.2 then any pixel of 213 or higher will
create a blown pixel.

I note that the B/W filter with values all less than 100% produced a
good looking image without noise or pixelation.  Perhaps if the red
filter's values were divided by 1.2 you'd get proportional numbers
without causing blown highlights.

That would give values of:

 > Reds 100%
 > Yellows 92%