Re: [OM] left/right handed cameras and ergonomics, et al.

Subject: Re: [OM] left/right handed cameras and ergonomics, et al.
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 09:47:07 -0400
> Mamiya RB67, or a Hasselblad or
Twin Lens Reflex) as well as any view camera are equally usable by
lefties
or righties.

Well, maybe in theory, but an RB/RZ67 is pretty right-hand oriented. With or
without the grip. But that's ok.

I just got an RZ67 kit (with 50 and 110mm lenses;  ordered a 180mm and grip
which are on the way) and enjoy shooting it a lot. It's a beast to shoot
handheld though, very non-ergonomic in most cases. Worlds different than
shooting an OM body or a Mamiya 7 (which is what I have been shooting lately).
But pretty satisfying in general, if you can deal with the weight and hassles
of  it all. And it's built like a tank!

-Ed