[OM] OT photographic images

Subject: [OM] OT photographic images
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:51:33 +0000 (GMT)
Hi all,
        I have taken the plunge and have a new 27" IMAC.  At present my "work
area" has 4 computers on the go as I transfer files from one machine to another!
I am gradually getting to grips with things...but have a query I hope someone
may be able to help with.

I am gradually building a series of photographs which are being converted into
Black + White but are then having part of the image turned back into the
natural colour. As an example I have a shot of Mametz Wood (battle of the
Somme). A memorial to the Welsh regiment consisting of The Red Dragon on a
stone base is shot against a blue sky with dark clouds.

On my Windoze machine, using Photoshop7 it is possible to turn image into black
and White, then using a colour brush change the Dragon back into a coloured
image by carefully painting over the appropriate part of the image.

Does the same sort of facility exist in Aperture....Am I missing the obvious,
or will I need to splash out on Photoshop for Mac?
Examples of other shots include a post box on an ivy covered wall,  red
telephone box in a street of old houses, and an old rust sreaked 1920's road
sign in a country lane
 Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK