Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/5/2010: battle of ideas on the T

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/5/2010: battle of ideas on the T
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 07:21:16 -0400
Could be mistaken, but I think it's a corruption of a Scottish
Highlands thing. Isn't there a good bit of "himself" and "herself" and
such up there? As in, "Himself is in the garden." Or, "Herself has
gone to the market." (My native state of North Carolina, ah, suffered
a large infusion of Scots following the unpleasantness of the early
and middle 1700s. <g>)

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com