Re: [OM] Incident Light Metering, A moment of weakness

Subject: Re: [OM] Incident Light Metering, A moment of weakness
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 09:47:12 -0500
>The following photograph illustrates the type of scene where an incident
>meter is golden.

>http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=468&Itemid=1

Ah, meters are overrated!  Sometimes I like to use print film and
guess on the exposure, it makes shooting a whole lot more fun:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pooroldpunch/3241162929/in/set-72157614019019494
(Nikkormat FTn w/ Nikkor 28/3.5 non ai, Superia 100.  metering: my
eyes and some guesswork.  looks overexposed by about a stop, stop and
a half, but it ended up working for this particular photo.)

Speaking of metering...
So in a moment of weakness, I bought this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380233327037&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I am keen on having a film camera capable of spot metering.  I also
like the fact that it has a built in hot shoe.  I have also heard
(from this list and elsewhere) that the OM-2s is one of the best OMs
for controlling shutter vibration, while the OM-1 is one of the worst.
 Can anyone confirm or deny this?  Also, how does the OM-2s do with
low light exposures compared to the OM-2n, which is simply marvelous
in this regard?