Re: [OM] OM-3Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-3Ti
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 21:22:55 +0200
The rational side of my brain says "true, true" - but the other side
of my brain
has seen how fanatical camera "collectors" can get.

It's clear now that Chris, for example, has placed me (and all other
OM-3Ti
fans / owners) in that category, but I simply want the best OM body I
can get
for MY needs, and I really don't want a battery-dependent camera for
where I plan
to take it, nor do I enjoy auto-exposure (then I may as well have
stayed with
a digital SLR with a much better auto-exposure system to begin with).

But I am dead serious. If I had the extra money, I would buy that new
in box
sample, store it for 10 years, and put it on the Japanese market. I
think
one would make a heck of a lot of money, and it's got nothing to do with
"reason".

Do you think the guy that runs the "Red Book Aid Nikkor" site actually
*uses* his Ultra-Micro Nikkors? I have seen equally fanatical Olympus
OM collectors. We're a mild bunch, the real fanatics don't belong to
lists
like these.

Anyway, just a thought... The auction ended, one bid, so somebody did
actually buy it for $2000. I bet you that same person would just as
easily
have paid $2500.

I might be wrong.

Dawid