Re: [OM] House fire photos

Subject: Re: [OM] House fire photos
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 12:17:25 -0400
Fortunately, it wasn't very windy.  But I was shocked to see the
newspaper's staff photo of the incident on the front page this morning.
  Any one of mine would have been immensely better.  His photo appears
to have been taken from the end of the street and on the same side as
the house.  It didn't even show the house... just one truck, a couple of
people and some smoke rising above the roofs of the foreground houses.

Could be he got there very early and maybe the area was heavily cordoned
off?  Maybe he took his shot and beat it back to the office to meet the
press deadline.  That's all I can think of for such a poor shot.  I was
able to get within about 50 yards of the scene and on the opposite side
of the street.

Chuck Norcutt