Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/4/2010: Copenhagen food culture

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/4/2010: Copenhagen food culture
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:55:51 -0500

> But I sense Tourist Bo**ox on the Johnnie Fox's website;  I'll try and find
> out from a native.

Well, Tourist Botox is always something to keep an eye out for, but as of
ten years ago (when I was there last), it was one of the better meal
experiences I've had in Europe and most certainly in Ireland. They did
seafood right. My wife won't let us move to Ireland because all her meal
experiences, except for one, was, uh, a bit underwhelming.

One of the worst meal experiences I ever had was in downtown Amsterdam when
we decided to eat at this Indian restaurant. It's never a good sign when
they literally change the name of the restaurant WHILE you are in there. For
half the meal it was called "The White Elephant". Well, it's not that the
meal was bad, because it was actually quite outstanding, but it took two
hours for them to make it.

Best Indian in Europe I've had was in Eastbourne, UK in the late '90s. A
hole in the wall place. The food was cooked upstairs and lowered to the
eating area via dumbwaiter.

AG