Re: [OM] IMG: walkabout in Valencia

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: walkabout in Valencia
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 07:37:32 +1000
I assume that the indigenous peoples, as with ours, would insist that
they have always been there and did not 'arrive'. For Australian
Aboriginals, this is a matter of religion as their creation stories
involve their being created with the land (an important concept for
nomadic indigenes with an animist religion).
To suggest otherwise, such as arrival 60K years ago during an ice age
when seas were low, will get you a VERY strenuous argument in some
tribal areas and a strong suggestion that you bugger off back to
whitefella country immediately.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx