Re: [OM] Houston and minor awards

Subject: Re: [OM] Houston and minor awards
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:40:25 -0500
>I'm glad to have saved you from a GAS attack.  You can tell your  spousal
unit that I'm your new best friend or maybe it is her new best  friend.  I'm
probably not the kind of person you want to know if you are  easily enabled.

I'm not easily enabled, but only because I have to do things like pay
the mortgage and eat.  Oh, who am I kidding...I have skipped meals.

>I'm in Sugar Land (not right now, but usually during the week.) Do you
participate in any of the Houston Center for Photography activities.  Check
out the First Tuesday program.  An opportunity for members and  non-members to
show and talk out their work.  Free and if you want to drop  a few bucks in
the bucket, that is OK.

hcponline.org

Let me know if you are going and I'll make a point to be there.

Bill Barber

I am woefully underinvolved in the Houston Arts scene, especially
photography.  The extent of my involvement is being a member of the
"Houston Analogue" group on flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/houstonanalog/
HCP looks interesting.  I'm afraid most of my work would be too
pedestrian to show, but I will try to make at least one of their
events.
Slightly off-topic and self-serving: another Houston photog and I had
photos featured on the Feeling Negative? photo blog.  That was a
pleasant (and unexpected) surprise.
http://www.feelingnegative.com/community/2105-and-untitled
Original here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pooroldpunch/4522728374/
The really funny thing about the shot is, when my wife showed her aunt
the print, I think her reaction was along the lines of "what is that?"
to which my wife replied, "oh, that's just Nic taking pictures of
weird stuff."