Re: [OM] Dude - Who stole my 0.56ms?

Subject: Re: [OM] Dude - Who stole my 0.56ms?
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:00:26 +0200
On 12 Apr 2010, at 4:06 PM, C.H.Ling wrote:

> What do you mean the image falls apert at infinity? I believe you
> need to
> throw away your 90/2 and buy another one if it does happen.
>
> No matter how many times I have posted the samples just no one
> listen. At
> infinity, the 90/2 has great edge to edge performance even at F2.

C.H., you have inspired me to do some proper testing on my 90/2.0. I
must admit, that I have only used
it for a handful of (like, 10) images at infinity (but hundreds and
hundreds of images at closer range, where it's
spectacular) and I have not really been happy with the images at
infinity, but they were usually
hand-held, and there could be many reasons for the fault.

I will test on a tripod with some slow film sometime, and report back
to the group :-)

regards,
Dawid