Re: [OM] Olympus OM Series adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM Series adapters
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:56:19 +0800
I view the 3Ti and 35-80/2.8 as the extension of the dying OM system. Don't
know why Olympus created this last two elements when they knew the OM system
won't last without AF.

To me, the best components representing OM system are OM-4, 21/2, 24/2, 50/2
and 90/2 macro. They birth during the golden age of the OM system.
Multi-spot metering with highlight/shadow control was a rather inventive
idea. All the lenses mentioned above were the first one with largest
aperture at their relative focal lengths.

C.H.Ling