Re: [OM] Re LEICA M6 Titanium.

Subject: Re: [OM] Re LEICA M6 Titanium.
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 19:56:05 -0500
Leicas are good cameras, but having and using both a Leica and the OM
system, I can say that there's nothing magic about either. They're good
systems and they produce good results. I find each has certain strengths.
The OM, like all SLRs works great for close-up work, long lenses, and wide
angles. Leicas (like all RFs) are not suited to long lenses and close focus
ability is limited. Wide angles can be used, and actually focus more
accurately than on an SLR but you need an accessory viewfinder if the lens
is wider than your camera's finder (My M4 works with 35, 50, 90, and 135mm
lenses).

The Leica is best for candid work. The shutter fires instantly, allowing
capture of fleeting moments that I usually lost when trying to do that kind
of work with the OM-4T. The OM is bad in that regard even by SLR standards.
Its shutter lag is enormous Compared to many other SLRs, like my Nikon F4.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography