Re: [OM] Another overpriced 3Ti on the 'bay

Subject: Re: [OM] Another overpriced 3Ti on the 'bay
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 08:36:11 +1100
While I was in London last year I kept seeing examples of a great
little car I hadn't seen before. A Nissan Figaro - cute as hell.
Turned out Nissan had made them for just two years in the early '90's,
10,000 per year, (based on a Micra chassis & engine) and they were so
popular in Japan that they were sold by lottery! I kept seeing them
because there was a clever dealer a couple of suburbs over who was
importing them and refurbishing them - because of Japanese
regulations, I assume that it's just too difficult to keep one going
there, or too expensive.
5-7 thousand pounds for a fifteen year old small car is extreme in the
UK but he's getting it without too much trouble. You can only wonder
why they don't continue with something that is so successful. I think
of them as rather like what an original Beetle would have been if the
Italians had made it.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx