Re: [OM] Another overpriced 3Ti on the 'bay

Subject: Re: [OM] Another overpriced 3Ti on the 'bay
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:40:44 +0200
Hi Ken,

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Still, if an OM-3Ti makes
you work harder, surely an OM-1 makes you work even harder?

And thus, ultimately, makes an even better photographer of you?

(I kind meant that tongue-in-cheek, since you probably know I only use
an OM-1, and sometimes for Macro flash work the OM-2n that Clay
donated to me last year, something that still continues to humble me,
as you say you are humbled)

Dawid

On 10 Mar 2010, at 7:39 PM, Ken Norton wrote:

> OK, my silence must be broken.

<snip lots of writings...>

> Are my pictures "better" with the OM-3Ti than the other OM bodies?
> Actually,
> yes. It is specifically due to the above paragraph. The camera
> demands that
> I step up to the plate and swing for the fences. There are no "base
> hits"
> with this camera--it's an all or nothing camera. Then there is also
> the part
> about "raised expectations." This is the self gnawing thing where
> you know
> you have a special camera so you work extra hard to get the most out
> of it.
> A mere "snapshot" is kinda below it.

<snip>