Re: [OM] Knowing your rights - was Re: Photographer films his own 'anti-

Subject: Re: [OM] Knowing your rights - was Re: Photographer films his own 'anti-terror' arrest
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:15:32 +0100
Thanks Nathan,

It's not so bad, at one time I was hoping to be a magistrate when I
returned to the UK so I didn't want any criminal record, however it is
unlikely that I will return for quite a few years so it is not so
important, and on the other hand it may help as it shows on record that
I am generally an honest person. what worries me though is that I was
trying to show the boys that honesty is the best policy and this will
probably colour their view.

It is not a critism of Switzerland, well ok it is but I accept it, there
is no grey here just black and white and whilst the rules exist they are
in general reasonable and fair, I don't have to worry about taking
pictures of my children at Christmas concerts or of people in the street
etc. and although I hated it at first not being allowed to work on
sundays (washing car cutting lawn etc.) is actually quite nice - They
used to say that in the UK that it is allowed unless it is disallowed
and in Switzerland it is disallowed unless it is allowed. On balance I
prefer living here now to the UK.

Ich probiere Deutsche zu lernen aber ich konnen die worte nich errinnen
- I am trying to learn german but I just don't seem to be able to
remember the words, unlike computer systems and languages where I can
happily swap between them.

Glad to hear the dog was ok!