Re: [OM] Purchase of new camera case successful

Subject: Re: [OM] Purchase of new camera case successful
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:55:08 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Olympus Camera Discussion" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:22 AM

>> Sounds like you may have had a low-voltage situation at the
>> house--possibly
> on one phase. Low-voltage has a nasty tendency to kill appliances young
> and
> old and for you to have had three things die in short order tells me they
> had an external influence.
>

> AG (have I sufficiently offended both sides yet?) Schnozz
> --
I have to agree with you, Ken.  I found our voltage low last year, and
checked several neighboring homes as well.  When I found it to be a common
problem, I called the utility company and had them check it out.  They
eventually found a faulty breaker in one of their capacitor banks, which
caused a low voltage situation on one phase.  When they replaced the
breaker, all came back to normal. Fortunately, I did not lose any
appliances.

Jim Nichols